Black Box seeks to innovate, challenge and inspire – stretch your thinking…
What is the BLACK BOX Experimental Space?
We love creative sparks so we built a stage for those wanting to develop and experiment with their creative talents. Nestled in the Greenroom Bar at 16th Ave Theatre the new space seats approximately 50-60 people and is an intimate stage set for creative minds. We want to open up the space to our creatives within our theatre and in the community. Whether you are a new writer wanting to share your work, a magician, a musician starting out or a group of actors who love to experiment with movement – this space is for you. The only limits are your imaginations. Expect the unexpected!
If you are interested in using the Black Box Experimental Space please fill in the following form and start the journey
Black Box Experimental Space application form
TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF USE
- There is no censorship within the Experimental Space. However, it is advised that if a presentation has scenes or language that may cause offence then a warning should be given in advertising and/or programme.
- Performances under between 1-60 minutes may be combined with other performances through negation and suitability.
- Scene changing during a presentation and opening and closing music, if used, must be included in the running time.
- Presentations will be allocated 60 minutes for a technical rehearsal prior to the performance night.
- Groups are responsible for obtaining all Performing Rights and making all Royalty payments in connection with their presentation at the 16th Ave Theatre Black Box Stage
- Performing Rights must be obtained before rehearsals begin and Royalties must be paid prior to performance. Proof that Performing Rights have been obtained and that Royalties have been paid, must accompany the application form.
- Where composite, cut or adapted versions of plays are presented, written permission from the Playwright or the Playwright’s Agent for such a presentation, must accompany the application form.
- APRA Performance Rights and Licence – Performance Rights and Music Licence must be obtained from APRA before rehearsals begin. Proof that APRA Performance Rights have been obtained and that Royalties have been paid, must accompany the application form.
- Performances must be open to 16th Ave Theatre Members.
- 16th Ave Theatre will provide: Bar Staff and Front of House staff if required.
- All advertising and marketing is the responsibility of the group providing the performance. We can help get you started and offer 1 Facebook post advertising show (if requested) and 1 mail out to members.
- FEES: Cost to use the space is $30 or 20% of door sales (maximum ticket price $10). This is to cover our costs of providing the space.