We are currently negotiating to add another show on Tuesday 26 October, so watch out for confirmation and get in quick as there will only be another forty seats available.
So, what is it going to be like coming to see The Revlon Girl? Hopefully, you have been following the video posts from our fabulous Marketing Team and have heard what the cast have been telling you about the play. Maybe you have seen the review of the Final Dress Rehearsal from Jaden McLeod. He has warned you that it is an emotional roller coaster, and you will need to bring your tissues, and be prepared for moments of tears followed by moments of laughter as we tell the story of these four bereaved mothers in the months after the Aberfan Mining Disaster on 21 October 1966.
But on a more practical note – how is it going to work in this COVID world?
Our Front of House staff have been briefed on all the rules around COVID 19 requirements, so here is a run down on what to expect. We are extremely fortunate here in Tauranga to be able to still attend live theatre, and we ask that you abide by the few rules we have had to put in place to keep you all safe.
- Tickets have been sold for General Admission and our House Managers will be rearranging the seating every evening so that bubbles will be seated together, whilst maintaining 1m distance from those people they do not know.
- There are only forty tickets sold every night, and the seating capacity of the auditorium is eighty, so we are working hard to keep you all safe.
- You may not be sitting in your favorite seat, but you will be sitting very close to the stage, so you will be able to see and hear the performers from every seat.
- Mask wearing is mandatory
- while you are seated in the auditorium, going up to the bar to purchase refreshments, going to the toilets, and on entering and leaving the theatre.
- We will be enforcing this, in keeping with what other theatres around the country are doing in Level – following the theatre industry Safe Practice Guidelines.
- We want to keep everyone safe, our staff, cast, crew and you our patrons.
- Please remember to scan in or sign the register on arrival.
- And most importantly, if you are feeling unwell, please do not come to the theatre. Phone iTicket and get a refund for your ticket.
And just a couple of other reminders:
- Please arrive on time. The doors to the auditorium will open at 7pm and we ask you to take your seat promptly as guided by the Front of House staff.
- The bar will be open for refreshments, and we ask you to try and get only one person from your bubble to go to the Green Room to make your purchase, whilst maintaining social distancing and returning to the auditorium with your drinks.
- The front door will close once everyone is seated and late arrivals will not be allowed to enter the auditorium once the play has started.
- This is a one act play. There will not be an intermission.
We are really looking forward to welcoming you to 16th Ave Theatre for this production of The Revlon Girl, and hope that you enjoy seeing a play that is quite a bit different to what we normally have on our stage.